Friday, December 14, 2007

Little Mr. Perfect Butt and PyroMaddie

We went to the mall yesterday after I picked Maddie up from school. When we got there Gabe was asleep so I put him in the stroller and Maddie and I pushed him into the mall to the play area. As soon as we got there Maddie ran off and made friends with some little girl, but Gabe was still sleeping. I picked him up to see if he would wake up because I know how much he loves the play area at the mall and didn't want him to miss it. Sure enough, as soon as he opened his little eyes and realized where he was he was off and running. He was so happy!

There was a group of older boys (3&4) under one of the slides and they were pretending it was their house and Gabe wanted to get in so bad. They kept pushing him away so he finally reached in there and pulled one of the kids hair and then turned around and walked away like it was no big deal. (nobody cried or acted like they were hurt) Yeah, Gabie can stick up for himself!

We went out to lunch and Maddie kicked Gabe out of the stroller and he had to walk to the whole other side of the mall. It took us a while, but he never complained and then at lunch he just sat as quiet as can be and colored. He ate pretty well too which was a bonus.

He's such a good little boy!

Now Maddie, on the other hand, is a whole other story. We put her to bed last night at 8:00 and she cried and fought it at first (she does this every night) and then calmed down. I thought she was asleep when Dave and I went to bed. Our heat has been kind of funny lately so around 11:00 I got up because I wanted to make sure Gabe's door was open so he didn't freeze. When I got up Maddie's light was on and she was hiding under the covers and there was a really bad smell and her room looked a little smoky. I couldn't figure out what had happened. When I asked her she said, "I burned myself on the light bulb." When I asked her more questions it turns out she put a plastic band-aid on the light bulb and it burned up which caused the smoke and the stinky smell. She is ok, but I never dreamed something like that would happen. Who puts band-aids on lamp light bulbs? We'll be taking her lamp out of her bedroom today.

No comments: