Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby!

Four years ago today my little Maddie was born. I was in labor for 36 hours and only ever dilated to a 4. She was born via c-section. Dave watched as they lifted her out of my tummy. He later said it looked like they were pulling her from a giant envelope.

That night she stayed with us in our recovery room. She cried around 3:00 a.m. and because I had just had surgery and wasn't able to get up Dave had to do the first diaper change. Dave got out of his little bed and wheeled Maddie over to the sink. He took all of her clothes off, took her diaper off and then left her totally naked so he could go to the bathroom. I couldn't believe it. He left our newborn baby naked so he could go to the bathroom! He finally came back and took care of her. It wasn't funny at the time, but we laugh about it a lot now.

We're going to an indoor water park for her birthday. She is so excited. She gets to bring treats to school today and begged me to be room mother. She is taking frosted cookies and candy cars (small pack of gum with mini peanut butter cups glued on for wheels, starbursts glued on for a seat and a blowpop glued on for the driver). I'll post a picture of her cake later. It's turned out pretty cool.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, sweet pea! Wish I were there! Have lots of fun, and I will see you in a few days, with more presents.

Love,
Aunt Laura (and Cricket)