Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thankful

Maddie starts Vacation Bible School tomorrow morning and tonight was the parents/get acquainted night. VBS is based on a program called Power Lab. Each day there is a theme: being thankful, helping others, being brave, living forever, and telling others about God.

Tonight the message was about being thankful. We went in a circle and each child said what they were thankful for. When it was Maddie's turn she said, "I'm thankful for my mommy." It was so sweet and everyone said, "Awww." It really made me think what I'm thankful for.

I am thankful for my kind and caring husband and for my beautiful, loving children. I am thankful for my mom and dad, who are a source of strength and inspiration for me. I am thankful for my in-laws. I couldn't have hand-picked them any better myself. I am thankful to have a close-knit, supportive family. I am thankful to have a personal relationship with God. God seems to have a plan for us. We have been through a lot, but everything has always turned out to be good in the end. I am thankful for mine and my family's health and the roof over our head. I could go on and on. I am just thankful.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: