Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Gabe and Maddie's first day of school. They were both so excited. We got up and they ate breakfast.
Then they got dressed, combed their hair, brushed their teeth and put on their shoes. Then we headed outside to take some pictures. I was surprised that Gabe stood still and looked at me for this picture.
We got our neighbor, Mr. Al to take a picture of the three of us (the four of us if you count Bailey barking in the background).
Then we heard the school bus coming so we hurried down the driveway to wait for it.
Gabe was so excited to get on the bus, but he was really good and let me snap a picture.Maddie and I got to get on the bus and see where he would be sitting. I could tell Gabe was really excited to get going.
After Gabe left on his bus Maddie and I got ready to go to her school. Maddie was really sad for Gabe to ride the bus by himself. She said, "What if he gets hurt at school? What if he puts his hand on the floor and someone steps on it?" She was really worried, but we decided that we should be happy that Gabe gets to go to school this year too. Gabe really missed her last year when he didn't get to go.
We got to Maddie's school a little early so we could take some pictures. Maddie wouldn't take a picture with her teacher though. After I dropped Madison off in her classroom I swung by Gabe's school to make sure everything went ok on the bus. He seemed as happy as he could be when he got off. Gabe has an hour bus ride to and from school everyday. He really wanted to ride the bus home today, but I ended up picking him up instead. I will probably let him ride the bus on Thursdays since I have Kinetic Kids at Maddie's school on those days. They are both home now and are playing. When I asked Maddie what she did at school today she said, "We played and we played and we played." I think she had a good time and I know Gabe had a good time.

I can't believe both my babies are in school already.

No comments: