Saturday, November 8, 2008

I won, I won! (and class stuff)

Thanks to Jenn over at Good Job Mama our family will be going to the Barnum and Bailey Circus on Wednesday night! Yay!!! We are so excited! Along with the family 4-pack of tickets we also get to go down to the show floor and interact with the performers for an hour before the show. It will be lots of fun!

I haven't posted anything about my class for a while, but it's been going really well. We worked on still lifes for a while and now we have started working on bodies. Next week will be faces. I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks left.

This one is kind of fuzzy, but it is a ladder with a flower pot and a bottle on top of it.

This is my homework I did. Most of you will recognize the items in the picture from my mantle and book cases.

This is a gesture drawing we did in class today. We only had 6 minutes to draw the outline and get as far as we could with it. My teacher really liked this one.

One of my teacher's friends came in to model (clothed) for our class and this is her laying down.

This is another drawing of my teacher's friend laying on her back.


1 comment:

Laura said...

Awesome on the circus. You guys will have so much fun.

And your drawings are excellent. Glad your teacher is giving you positive feedback. You should look into the next class. ; - ) I've come to the conclusion that for the dabbler (I don't mean that as any kind of negative thing; I have a problem with the completion thing, myself), a structure and ensuing feedback is important to progress.