Monday, September 24, 2007

Do you have an accent?

I took this quiz today to determine what type of accent I have. It was right on. I used to have a friend in Las Vegas and we would laugh constantly about our accents.

The big ones were the words fire (I heavily concentrated on the r - he didn't) and bath (I heavily concentrated on the a - he didn't).

I also know a guy (from work) that lives in Windsor and he says "Eh" a lot and his wife recently made fun of the way people in Michigan say "Bath". It was funny.

While I was taking this quiz I couldn't help but think about how my grandma (who has a heavy southern accent even though she has lived in Michigan for more than 50 years) would say some of these words. I love her southern drawl and sometimes catch myself using some of her phrases.

Here are my results:
What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

No comments: