Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Maddie's First Day of School

This is Maddie's 3rd week of school and I still haven't downloaded the pictures I took so I thought I would write this post so I would be forced to.

She was so excited for school to start. She has been talking about it since February when we visited a class to see how it was. She did very well and we were very happy with the school so we signed up.

We went and met her teacher a couple weeks before school started and of course we did the whole school shopping thing (which is a whole other story).

On the first day of school we were sitting at the table eating breakfast when Madison asked me if I would be at school with her the whole time she was there. Usually Maddie couldn't care less if I'm with her or not, so I was partly shocked and touched at the same time. After she said this, I was a little nervous and told her I would be there if she needed me to be. She seemed happy with that answer.

So, we drove to school and got out of the car. I took one last picture and we went inside. Her classroom door opened and we went inside and hung up her coat and backpack on the hook with the teddy bear with the red heart necklace above it. Before I turned around to give her a hug and a kiss she was gone playing with kids. She never looked back.

I think it was more traumatic for Gabe and I than it was for her.

4 comments:

Nancy and Rick said...

Wow thanks for the photos, I finally get to see my granddaughter on her very first day of school, what a cutie pie! Love, Nana

Laura said...

Could she be any cuter? No, no she could not.

Laura said...

And the tights! I love the tights!

Nikki said...

She picked out the tights herself. I'll have to tell the school shopping story. It was funny.