Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Picky Eating Toddler Approved Recipe

So, I was going to make chicken Parmesan for dinner tonight. After I baked the chicken and boiled the pasta I went to look for the spaghetti sauce. Uh-oh - no spaghetti sauce.

I was in a pinch so I had to make do with what I had - diced tomatoes and fat free italian dressing. Here's my recipe:

3 Chicken Breasts (I used Gordon Food Service 5 oz. Flash Frozen Chicken Breasts and put them in the oven frozen for 20 minutes - I LOOOOOVVVVVE these!!!)

1/2 cup Fat Free Italian Dressing

1 can Peeled, Diced Tomatoes

1 box Whole Grain Twisty Noodles

Bake chicken until done. Boil pasta until it's done. Mix the tomatoes (do not drain) and salad dressing in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes then mixed it with the noodles. Put a piece of chicken on a plate and covered it with the noodles.

I put it in front of Gabe thinking he wouldn't eat it and we'd have to make yet another PB&J, but to my amazement he sat there and ate most of the chicken, 4 or 5 whole grain twisty noodles and a couple of tomatoes. Eating tomatoes is a miracle in and of itself. Of course, there were also carrot sticks on the side.

Of course Madison ate it - she will eat anything!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I swear, he's going to be a gourmand some day. But if he doesn't like tomatoes, he comes by it honestly.

FYI, I've meant to forward this site to you. I haven't really read it, but other bloggers I read contribute.

http://offsprung.com/

You might like, you might not.

Nikki said...

He seems to like the tomatoes so far. He dipped his french fries in ketchup the other day too. It was very surprising.

Thanks for the link. It looks like a cool site. I'll have to spend some time and dig in further.