Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bailey the Butthole!

So, Bailey's collar battery is dead and she figured it out sometime last week. I tried to get her a new one this morning, but the place that I buy them has moved. She has been straying out of the yard, but not very far. I usually catch her at the border of our yard while she is heading into someone else's. So, at 3:00 today I went into the laundry room, where I put her while Gabe's OT was here, and she was gone and the door leading from the laundry room to the garage was open. I looked for her and screamed her name until my throat hurt and then I called Aunt P and she came to my rescue to help look for her some more. Unfortunately, Aunt P couldn't find her either, so I called the vet. The vet told me to call Animal Control, and lo and behold that is where she was.

Apparently, our next door neighbors trapped her in their garage and called animal control. Hello, if you know your neighbors have a black lab and then you capture one in your garage wouldn't you ask your neighbors if it's theirs? Especially since these neighbors captured your escaped rabbit while you were on vacation and this exact same thing happened with your dog a week before (except that your neighbors returned the dog instead of calling animal control). I would just like to know what the hell they were thinking.

I feel like putting a flaming sack of dog poo on their front porch, ringing the door bell and running!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You think?

Their rabbit escaped while they were on vacation and Dave and I ran all around our yard trying to catch it. We left a note on the door that it got out and that we caught it and put it back, but never heard anything from them.

Two weeks ago our neighbors on the other side caught their dog in their yard with only a humane society tag on. They called the humane society and got the address then walked around in the rain trying to find the address where the dog lived. Just so happens it was the people on the other side of us (the ones that called Animal Control on our dog) that this dog belonged to.

Laura said...

Oh, I misunderstood. In that case, I chalk it up to them being clueless and not very neighborly. If you could note that they have a bunny, they might pick up on the fact that you have a retriever. Geez. Where's the neighbhorliness?

Although: Bailey, Bailey, Bailey.