Friday, November 9, 2007

To eat, or not to eat: that is the question

So, Gabe has been giving me a hard time with his eating again. I say "me" because he eats fine for both sets of grandparents. I spoke with an OT at playgroup yesterday and she seemed to think it was pretty serious and that she needed to schedule a time to come out to the house to check everything out. She's coming on Tuesday. I had to list everything he eats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Let's just say it wasn't much. It was a little embarrassing. It brought tears to my eyes, which was even more embarrassing.

The OT gave us a few worksheets about steps to eating, structured mealtimes and a straw drinking strategy. She said there are a lot of kids that are problem eaters and that there are even support groups out there for the parents. I totally understand how a parent could need a support group for this kind of thing. It is so frustrating!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aggghh. I'm so sorry he's still not eating well. I'm sure getting some help and support will give you better tricks to move him along past the pickiness.

They can't make things easy, can they. ; - )