Friday, October 19, 2007

The Huckleberry Railroad

Dave got home from Nashville this morning at 4:30 a.m. He was up and out the door by 9:00 a.m. Madison gave me a really hard time today because she got to eat breakfast with Daddy this morning and had it in her mind that she was going to work with him too. When he walked out the door she said, "Daddy's coming back, isn't he?" I think she felt abandoned this week while he was gone. I felt so bad for him.

Dave wanted to do something we would all really enjoy and my Aunt Phyllis had told me about Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad just the other day. So we decided to go tonight. We got there about 5:00 p.m. and did the trick-or-treat thing for a little while and then headed back to the boardwalk to board the train for our ride. Gabe and Maddie got such a kick out of the train. I've never seen Gabe sit so still. He absolutely LOVED it. After the train ride we ate dinner in an old fashioned cafe and then headed out to do some more trick-or-treating. Maddie found her way through a hay bale maze and at the end we all got donuts in cider. We had a great time and will probably go again next year.

They also do the Day Out With Thomas thing at The Huckleberry Railroad and we'll definitely do that next year.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I think I got some really good ones of the kids in their costumes.

No comments: