Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Madison The Story Teller

Madison has started to tell stories. Early this morning (read 4 a.m.) she woke up to Dave's alarm clock. I told her it was still night time and to go back to sleep.

She said, "First I want to tell you a story, Mommy." I tiredly agreed to listen to her story. She said, "Once upon a time there was a little boy who was peddaling, peddaling, peddaling through a tunnel. Then the little boy saw a train go through the tunnel. Then a monst - a bear went onto the tracks. The end."

I find it interesting that she was going to say a monster and then changed it to a bear. It was a pretty good story for a 3 year old though. No "Weed Monster", but good.

I also want to note that Maddie doesn't only tell made up stories. Today she told me something very comical and while I'm not allowed to say what it is or who it involved I just want to put a warning out there that she will tell me all of your secrets. From funny dances and songs to interesting conversations. Little ears are always listening.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday!

Nikki said...

Thanks. We are having a nice relaxing day. Right now we're outside. The kids are riding bikes and I'm getting some computer time in. Yeah!

Laura said...

God love laptops.